- Be sure that your keyboard is at elbow level.
- Use a wrist pad under your keyboard.
- Use a mousemat that has a hand rest on it, one with a raised soft pad at the front of the mat.
Take regular breaks and ....
- While seated fold your arms in front of you and turn your body to the left and then to the right. This will loosen any tension in your shoulders and back.
- Also from a seated position do the same but this time turning your head to the left and then to the right. This will loosen tension in your neck muscles.
- Stand up and stretch, as this will help to stop any tenseness in the muscles and loosen up your upper body.
I work on a computer all day and find that following the guidance above has been a great help.
Return to The Door Industry Journal Website